Sunday 24 February 2013

After Whole30

Well, I'm officially 21 days into my new Whole30 but last week I decided that I wanted to go off plan (in a reasonable amount, mind you!). It becomes different when you are no longer tracking your eating by putting it in a notebook or a blog and just living normally. I'm still eating basically the same way, except I have been cooking with butter and not ghee - didn't make the time to make it last week. I have also had things like almond flour carrot/apple cake (no sugar, though) and coconut pancakes on the weekend. I even found myself in a restaurant for a business lunch unable to find ANYTHING that fit in with my plan, so I ordered something with potatoes, cheese and wheat. Hello, bloated belly! But it's ok. I feel ok with making choices. I'm also very aware of how I feel afterwards.

Today is Sunday and I will be making a big batch of borscht, some ghee (I do prefer it), some braised cabbage and some grilled chicken in the oven.

At this point I'd like to be working on getting workouts into my weekly schedule. I have everything I need at home to be working out, so there are really no excuses other than me being too lazy and not feeling like it. I will do a flow yoga class via myyogaonline.com today and I know I'll feel better for it.

I was planning on posting some recipes with photos but I'm not there yet. I promise it will be coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment