Monday 4 February 2013

Whole30 day 30

Well, as you know, I can't say I have completed a whole Whole30 due to going off-plan yesterday. Here's what happened anyway.

breakfast
I had a boiled egg that I took from home, 1/2 an avocado, a piece of pumpkin bread and a mandarin orange.

lunch
I was in a fancy part of Paris and had no time to get a real lunch. I ended up at Fauchon (fancy bakery) of all places. Luckily they had some deli items, so I ordered a plate of chicken breast and vegetables. It came with lentils but I didn't eat them. I later had a small coffee.

supper
Back at the hotel cafeteria, I had a piece of veal in tomato sauce with some veggies and an apple for dessert.

After supper, we went out for a drink. I was planning on just getting a perrier or something and then I don't know what happened. I got tempted. I ordered a hot chocolate (what?) with whipped cream on top. I don't know how I got to that decision, but it was like I had already gone off-plan so what was one more thing? Then the people at my table ordered a plate of cheese and I ended up taking a few bites of various cheese. I lived to regret it though. I immediately had a belly full of misery and my digestion was not comfortable.

The next day (day 31!) I had the same thing for breakfast and made two none-compliant choices: a Korean dish of chicken and veg that had some rice. I ate the rice. But wait, it gets worse! I was lured in by a Starbucks and ordered a latte AND a piece of carrot cake/bread. Don't worry. I lived to regret that even more even though it tasted good!

No comments:

Post a Comment