Monday 4 February 2013

Whole30 wrap up and new start!

Ok, so I kind of ended my Whole30 in a miserable way, but I did get a lot out of the experience and loved it so much that I'm starting again today. I won't be posting here about everything I eat, but I will try to post about good recipes and start adding photos.

Here are the things that I have gained:

  • energy
  • a good sleep every night
  • waking up without an alarm and feeling awake
  • a sense of control over my choices
  • no afternoon slump in energy
  • excellent recipes
  • confidence
  • happiness!


Here is what I lost:

  • 2.5 kilos or 5 pounds
  • my belly (it's flatter now)
  • cravings - I watch my co-workers eat chocolate after lunch with their coffee and I don't feel any urge to join in


5 pounds is not a huge loss, but I'm happy with it. I can only imagine what a few more months will bring. I think that losing steadily is the way to go and I'm happy with the rate of just over one pound per week. Don't forget that I only exercised seriously for the first week. I think that my last two days in Paris might have had an effect on my weigh-in today (I was constipated to put it bluntly) so I may have even lost more than that in the end. At any rate, I have started again today with all my tools in hand: my go-to recipes and websites and cookbooks full of great ideas. I'm hoping to ease into exercise in a way that is sustainable.

No comments:

Post a Comment