Monday 4 February 2013

Whole30 day 29

Ok, here is where my story goes a little awry. As you know, I had to go to Paris (for work) and I wanted to be compliant for my last two days. But eating out for every meal and being in Paris kind of made things difficult for me. And I made some poor choices. I'll 'fess up now. I went off plan. Here's how it went down.

breakfast
I had some pumpkin/banana pancakes and two fried eggs. Later in the train I had a few almonds and cranberries/raisins and a mandarin orange.

lunch
I went to a restaurant at a train station where I thought I could get something reasonable. I saw a piece of fish served with crunchy vegetables and thought that would do. Except the fish was served in a beurre blanc sauce and the crunchy vegetables were veggies in filo pastry that was deep-fried (fancy, though). I was super hungry, so I ate up and finished with a little coffee. Oh well, I thought.

I had to pick up a group that I was showing around Paris and later in the day, when I was walking around with them, they came across the famous "Berthillon" ice cream place on Ile Saint-Louis. They all wanted ice cream. I was going to hold out, but then I thought "I've already eaten off-plan today and I AM in Paris..." and so I asked which sorbet had the least amount of sugar added and went with that in a cup. It was a small single scoop and it was ok, but I kind of regretted it after when my stomach was going all gurgly.

supper
We had meals where we were staying. I had a piece of fish with some veggies with an apple for dessert. I was kind of hungry afterwards, so I had a piece of pumpkin bread and a couple of almonds/raisins.

It feels strange to go off-plan when there's no real reason to - I was feeling great and loving what I was eating. But circumstances put things a little out of whack.

No comments:

Post a Comment