Sunday 6 January 2013

Whole 30 day 3

breakfast

This morning I had to have the sweet potato hash one more time (using just 1/2 a sweet potato every time) along with two fried eggs and one piece of dried ham. I also had some regular black tea and a mandarine orange.

lunch

Hmmm... breakfast was kinda late and somehow I never got hungry again until supper. The only thing I had in the afternoon was a coffee with some coconut coffee creamer that I whipped up and then a little later a single burger bite and some green tea. Not good, I know. Still, at least there were no slip-ups food-wise.

supper

I had some of the big batch of spinach curry that I made for the week (and for the freezer) as well as some garlic mashed cauliflower and 4 burger bites. For the mashed cauliflower I like to boil it along with the garlic bulbs and then mash it together at the end. The garlic takes on a more subtle flavour that way. This was accompanied by an endive/red cabbage salad that JM made as well as some sugar-free applesauce that JM made earlier in the day.

So day 3 is supposed to be the "hangover" day according to the Whole30 timeline but since I had been eating fairly clean for most of the year, I don't seem to have had too bad of a hangover. It didn't even occur to me to eat lunch, for example, let alone crave anything. Oh wait, I did think about a cappuccino and ended up whipping up a coconut milk coffee creamer/topping, so there was that. But otherwise, so far so good. Apparently tomorrow is the "I want to kill all things!" day, which also happens to be my first day back at work after two weeks of holidays. My plan is to be prepared and have all the food I need for the day in order to get by. This is partially what all this extra weekend cooking has been about, after all. As I write this at 8pm I have not, as yet, exercised. I may do some yoga, or I may wait until tomorrow morning and do it on waking. I find my days at work are much better when I have started out with yoga (or any exercise, really).

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment