Thursday 17 January 2013

Whole30 day 13

I had quite a long day yesterday (day 13) and didn't quite feel up to posting what I had eaten. I had to get up at 6:15 to drive 50 km for a blood test and then drive back before heading to work. Oh, and did I mention it's been snowing here? So yeah, that was fun.

breakfast
When I got back from the blood test, I was starving because I hadn't eaten anything, just in case I needed to have an empty stomach. I had unthawed a bit more pumpkin, so I whipped up a batch of those pumpkin pancakes based on this recipe. I put a little applesauce on them and had a boiled egg on the side. Washed all that down with a little coffee (with some almond milk...).

lunch
Leftover heaven! Braised red cabbage and the green cabbage/carrot/onion dish from Sunday, plus a last piece of chicken. I also had 1/2 an avocado and a mandarin orange.

snack
Dinner wasn't ready when I got home, so I had an emergency 1/2 pumpkin pancake.

supper
JM steamed up some cabbage and carrots and we had that with some fried white fish (Cabillaud in French, but cod to us English speakers!). We had a green salad with that and then I had another pumpkin pancake after supper with a smidgen of applesauce. Later on I had a mandarin orange.

It was a long day and I was happy to get to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment