Monday 14 January 2013

Whole30 day 11

Today was a bit of a different day. Normally I would be working but today I took the day off in order to go to a homeopathic doctor who lives almost two hours away by car. My appointment was for 11am and I had no idea what time I'd be back, and since I worked all day Saturday, I thought it would be good to not rush back for work.

breakfast
I had the usual sweet potato mash with two hard-boiled eggs, plus 1/2 avocado and then a 1/2 banana with a little coconut cream on it. I opted for tea this morning.

lunch
I was driving when it was lunch time. Even though I was planning on passing by the  "big" city, perhaps getting in to see another doctor and also check out the sales, I decided to stop at a rest stop for lunch. I originally thought I'd go for a salad bar with hard-boiled eggs, but I ended up having a chicken drumstick, along with some ratatouille and a provencal tomato. I had two mandarin oranges and a coffee for "dessert" and then headed off to the city. The other doctor wasn't able to see me, so I went for a little sale shopping and while I was at the mall, I remembered I still had some mixed nuts from the train on Saturday, so I ate a few of those to fill the gap.

supper
We had supper ready in record time! I reheated the braised green cabbage  (with onions and carrots) as well as the chicken from yesterday in the oven and in 20 minutes we were eating! We both had a dollop of the homemade mayonnaise with our chicken and it was tasty! I also fried up some apples like yesterday, but the apple variety was one that turns to mush when heated, so it's more like a fried applesauce. I had that with a blob of coconut cream.

No exercise today - not for the last four days actually - so I had better be getting up early tomorrow to rectify the situation!

No comments:

Post a Comment