Saturday 5 January 2013

Whole30 day 2

breakfast

Did I mention how amazingly tasty that sweet potato hash from last night was? SO GOOD. Well, I had only eaten half of what I made last night, so this morning I heated up the leftovers and fried myself an egg in some ghee (following Nom Nom Paleo's advice) and boy was it good and satisfying. Miam (that's French for yum!). I followed that with a few pieces of pineapple and then I went about my day!

lunch

After getting a bunch of chores done - ironing, dishes, laundry - I decided to make some things for the days ahead: squash carrot soup, hard-boiled eggs and burger bites. I then tucked into a piece of that spinach mushroom frittata, an avocado and a hard-boiled egg, along with some Japanese green tea that I picked up last weekend.

supper

This afternoon I did more dishes and cleaning up (hubby JM was coming home after being away for two days, so I wanted to have the house looking nice for him) and then I made the time to do a kettlebell workout by Rosa Coelho (Rocofit). As an aside, when I was last in Vancouver I ended up booking a session with Rosa to learn about kettlebells. I had started watching her videos on YouTube when she was living and working in England and then I found out she had moved back to Canada and that she was actually in Vancouver. The opportunity was too good to pass up!

So yeah, supper! JM got home while I was working out and then we got supper ready. I reheated some of the squash carrot soup, as well as the braised turkey and steamed cauliflower. I wanted JM to taste the sweet potato hash (it's that good), so I made that again, doing enough prep for a few days. JM made a little endive salad with some walnut oil and that was more than enough for supper! For a little sweetness afterwards I had some pineapple pieces.

Back to the exercise bit. I have come to realize that I no longer need to have a gym membership to get in shape. True, it's handy to have a designated space to go to with all the equipment, but I have all I need with my yoga mat, my kettlebell, my foamroller and my body weight. I have a big office, with enough room to exercise in, and either I get my computer videos out, or I follow one of worksheets that I have made up with interval training. JM would like to get outside and start running again, so maybe I'll join him. I'm careful to not be going overboard. Lord knows that in the past I have said "that's it! I'm going to workout everyday from now on!" but then a few days later I hit a bump and then a month goes by without any exercise. I'd like to be smarter about how I set up my time for exercise. Having a space in our house makes a big difference as compared to the other places we have lived and keeping it a little bit warm helps, too. It's cold in some rooms in our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment