Tuesday 15 January 2013

Whole30 day 12

There was snow on the ground when I woke up today! Unfortunately I couldn't have a snow day because I can walk to work in 7 minutes, but it was nice to see on the ground.

breakfast
Sweet potato hash with a fried egg (seriously, I need to find another breakfast - although this one is really tasty!). I also had 1/2 a small banana with a bit of coconut cream. Tea and coffee were both enjoyed. In that order.

lunch
Lunch was a bit of a surprise because I took a container out of the freezer not really knowing what was inside. I knew it was vegetables, but I wasn't sure what kind. It ended up being sauteed sweet potatoes, peppers, carrots and onions. Hmmm... I am not sure I needed another sweet potato but it's what it was. I started out with some yummy leftover pumpkin soup and had my veggies with a hard-boiled egg. No dessert, just a little coffee (yay me!).

snack
I had to drive into the city for another appointment and so I grabbed a few almonds and a couple of raisins/cranberries for the road.

supper
We still had leftovers, so we started with pumpkin soup and had the braised red cabbage and green cabbage with veggies, and a piece of chicken. We also had an endive salad. I did have a little dessert of applesauce with some coconut cream, coconut and walnut pieces. That's it! I have a sneaking suspicion that I'm not exactly getting rid of the dessert dragon, but at least I'm making some healthy choices when I do indulge.

Something to work on for the rest of my Whole30!

No comments:

Post a Comment