Sunday 13 January 2013

Whole30 day 10

Ok, I'm finally catching up to myself. Today is day 10 and I'm writing this on day 10.

breakfast
Well, I had a good sleep in and then when I got up I wanted to have a weekend treat again. I saw the rest of the leftover pumpkin in the fridge and decided to give the pancakes another try. I added a 1/2 mashed banana to give it some sweetness and consistency. I still ended up adding some almond powder and shaved coconut. I cooked them in coconut oil and had them with applesauce and coconut cream. Oh and coffee.

lunch
I decided that I wanted to make a huge amount of food today, so I got cooking after having a late breakfast. Just yesterday morning, I received a copy of Well fed that I had ordered off Amazon last week. I looked through it and chose a couple of recipes that I wanted to make today. I also had a couple of recipes that I had seen on Nom Nom Paleo. World's best braised cabbage and Chez Panisse Braised Red Cabbage. I also made some ghee, some hard-boiled eggs and my first-ever mayonnaise! Oh, and I planned out a little dessert for later with some apples that I chopped up and fried up in some coconut oil and cinnamon. During all that cooking, I ended eating a little lunch composed of the red braised cabbage, a boiled egg, a couple of pieces of dried ham and 1/2 an avocado. The mayonnaise was very tiring to make because I only have a whisk.  After a couple of minutes of whisking I finally brought out the immersion blender, which I was afraid might not work (and make it all fall apart), but it worked!

supper
I broiled up the green braised cabbage (with carrots and onions) for 15 minutes in the oven and I heated up some of the best chicken ever. Dessert was those apple pieces that were cooked up in a frying pan, topped with a little - you guessed it - coconut cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment