Tuesday 22 January 2013

Whole30 day 19

breakfast
I made pumpkin pancakes with the leftover pumpkin in my fridge and ate them with a little applesauce. I'm not sure that I got enough protein since I only used two eggs in the pancakes and didn't even eat 1/2 of them. At any rate, I didn't get super hungry before lunch, so that's good.

At work, we have a tradition of having a communal apĂ©ritif before lunch when there are new artists who are going to be in residence in our building (this is France, after all!). Champagne was served and, as much as I would have liked a little bubbly, I opted for a glass of water with only a *splash* of apple juice. There were things to nibble on, but I just had a couple of pistachios. Phew. Survived that one!

lunch
I had the pork Rogan Josh, mashed cauliflower, roasted veggies and the sauteed spinach/mushroom from last night. I ended lunch with a mandarin orange and skipped the coffee. Felt better for it, too!

supper
JM used the "ready made" ground beef and broccoli, along with the braised cabbage and roasted veggies and did a huge fry up. It was super tasty! We ate that along with a salad for supper and then I had two pumpkin pancakes with applesauce and some coconut cream for dessert.

I know that this is a non-photo blog (so far) and really I'm doing this as a way to be accountable to myself. However, I'm discovering all sorts of good recipes and advice along the way, and I hope to start transferring some of this along, but I first need to get through my Whole30!

No comments:

Post a Comment